Current Job Postings
Midwich Housing Co-operative Inc., seeking a General Maintenance Worker.
162 unit Co-operative Homes Complex located in Mississauga is looking for a General Maintenance Worker to work from Tuesday to Friday 32 hours per week.
The successful applicant should possess:
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- A self-starter; ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors, members and contractors
Qualifications of the successful candidates include:
- Previous experience at a Co-operative Housing Development or other non-profit housing complex
- Experience in office administration
- General Plumbing, Drywall repairs, painting
- Garage door repairs and door repairs in general
- Daily walk-around outside of property
- Unit inspections
- Snow shoveling when required
Click here a more detailed job description.
Salary to be discussed. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume with a cover letter including references to email@example.com or fax to 905-820-9666. We wish to acknowledge all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-Time Property Administrator
The Community Housing Management Network (The Network) is recruiting to fill a full-time position as a Property Administrator in Mississauga.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the administrator will be assigned to a site to provide day-to-day services to the Property Manager, the co-operatives members and its board of directors.
The successful applicant will:
- have a general knowledge of co-op housing
- have excellent telephone and reception skills
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- have effective oral and written communication skills
- be able to organize tasks and priorities
- be able to work as part of a team
- have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week). Some evening work will be required. The Network offers a competitive remuneration package.
If interested, please e-mail your resumé to Donna Harwood by October 10th, 2017 and reference job posting 2017-11.
The Community Housing Management Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. We respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Assistant Co-operative Administrator (Full-Time), Mississauga, ON
Springfield Co-operative Homes Inc. is a non-profit cooperative corporation providing affordable housing to its membership. Co-operatives are able to offer affordable housing as they only charge their membership enough to cover the cost of operation, repairs, and capital reserves – not profit driven. Springfield Co-operative Homes has 117 units including 87 townhouses and 30 apartments in a designated seniors building for those age 55 and over.
This position consists primarily of administrative duties including but not limited to; accounting, coordination of internal and external contractors, processing work order requests, data entry and filing, and working with the volunteer Board of Directors to improve and sustain overall operation of the Co-operative. This role will start out in training with our current long term Administrator, we are looking for candidates interested in a long term career with the potential for growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the following areas:
- Co-ordinates applications, and communicates information to applicants and the necessary parties involved in the application process
- Entering work orders into the system and scheduling the work with the handyman or contractor
- Accompanies Handyman during unit inspections
- Gathering quotes from contractors, and scheduling work with outside contractors when necessary
- Communicates regularly with the Project Manager and the Board on large capital projects
- Learning to process all payments and financial information on behalf of the Co-operative
- Assists the Administrator in preparing the annual budget in conjunction with the Board of Directors, and learns the process of the Co-operatives financial auditors
- Assists the Administrator in communicating with all of the Co-operatives governance and affiliations on behalf of the Co-operative
- Assists in preparing Board packages, and attends Board meetings as scheduled to advise the Board of all correspondence, financial and membership issues
- Filing and record keeping of all necessary documentation on behalf of the Co-operative
- Assists the Administrator in supporting the Board of Directors in the overall management of the Co-operative
- Assists the Board in the automation of processes, payments, and the utilization of computer programs to improve the function of the Co-operative as a whole
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualifications / Skills / Job Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a related or similar field will be considered an asset
- Experience in working with a non-profit, especially a housing co-operative is an asset
- Must be proficient in basic Microsoft Office 365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of the full Microsoft Office 365 program list will be considered an asset (Teams, Bookings, Forms, Delve, Sway, Power Point, Access etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented, a fast learner and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as customer service skills
- Must be flexible as some evenings and weekend work will be required
- Must work well individually, and as a part of a team
- Takes initiative and works well with little supervision
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. Please submit your resume and cover letter by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday October 16, 2017.