Current Job Postings
Temporary Co-op Housing Coordinator – Peel/Halton
Homestarts Incorporated is looking for an individual with excellent administrative skills to provide temporary assistance in managing the day-to-day tasks at Co-operative Housing properties in Peel and Halton managed by Homestarts. This would be considered an occasional position and would be suitable for someone interested in short term temporary work, such as a recent retiree. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required in the position to attend Board, Committee and Members meetings.
- University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in non-profit or co-op housing, social services or related field
- Extensive customer service
- Previous experience working with a volunteer board of directors
The successful applicant will be
- able to work independently , while working with a team
- effective at prioritizing tasks and handling stress in a busy environment
- familiar with accounts payable and receivable
- proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; familiar with NewViews / NVNPH, HMWorx
- open to learning new skills
- friendly but professional
Someone with no experience in co-op or non-profit housing may be considered provided they have the relevant, transferable skills and a compatible work/educational background. A driver’s license and reliable vehicle is necessary for this position which would be at various locations within Peel and Halton.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any state of the hiring process.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Job #297 in your subject line.
20 Century Drive, Unit 37A Orangeville, Ont. L9W 4L6, Telephone [519) 942-1680
Shaw’s Creek Co-operative Homes Inc. In Orangeville, Ontario is recruiting to fill a full time position as Co-ordinator, commencing Aug. 14, 2017 for an ILM 37 townhouse Federal Co·op. 32 hour week including some evenings to attend Board Meetings, 2 General Members meetings and an AGM meeting on Sunday afternoons.
Monday, Tuesday ,Friday – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Thursday, Noon until 7:00 PM, Closed Wednesdays.
Bookkeeping background a must, ability to do monthly & annual subsidies, knowledge of New Views an asset. Salary dependent upon experience.
If Interested, please email or send your resume’& covering letter to:
Attn: Bob Dicks, Shaw’s Creek Co-op Board of Directors,
Unit 37A, 20 Century Drive, Orangeville, ON, L9W4L6.
We thank all Interested candidates, however we will only contact those who have been short-listed.
Springfield Co-operative Homes Inc. is a not for profit housing community located in central Mississauga and established in 1985. We are a combination of 87 townhomes plus a 30 unit low rise apartment building for seniors.
We are currently seeking a Part time (20 Hours) General Maintenance Handyman who working closely with our Maintenance Co-ordinator will be responsible for general maintenance of our units. This is a contracted position and you will require valid insurance, WSIB and/or WHMIS certification, Vulnerable Sector Police Check (no more than one year old), be Bonded, be a registered company with a valid HST number, and have a cell phone for easy communication on site.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, painting, and flooring
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Great customer service and professionalism
- Must be able to work under pressure in emergency situations
- Must maintain all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe fashion
- Ability to work as part of a team and independent
- Minimum 5 years experience as a general handyman
- Own tools, valid driver’s license and vehicle needed
- Perform other related duties as required
- Reference needed
Considerable lifting, stretching, reaching, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, standing, walking and bending.
We like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position, however only candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Please forward all resumes by email to email@example.com