Current Job Postings
NOTICE OF PERMANENT POSITION: DIRECTOR, MEMBER SERVICES
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada: Where you belong.
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent and serve our members in a united Canadian co-operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Together, housing co-ops are home to over a quarter of a million Canadians, representing a $6 billion real estate portfolio.
We invite you to bring your leadership and member services experience to the full time, permanent position of Director, Member Services. The position is based in Ottawa (with consideration to Toronto) with a target start date of June 16, 2018.
As a member of CHF Canada’s senior management team, you will join the organization during an exciting period of growth and renewal in the co-operative housing sector. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will direct a knowledgeable and committed member services department.
You will contribute to our success by:
- leading CHF Canada’s robust and evolving services to members, including co-operative and enterprise services, education and training, and special projects,
- overseeing membership development and engagement, along with CHF Canada’s partnerships with regional federations of housing co-operatives;
- supervising the planning and execution of CHF Canada’s member events, conferences and Annual General meeting.
What we’re looking for:
- a commitment to demonstrating co-operative principles and values,
- a university degree in business administration, social sciences, or equivalent experience,
- progressive management experience in member, client or customer services or extensive experience in a management or development role in the co-op or community housing sector,
- ability to work with minimal supervision, with excellent human resource, financial management, and oral and written communication skills;
- familiarity with other sectors of the Canadian co-operative movement and community housing sectors is an asset,
- preference will be given to fluently bilingual (French/English) candidates.
The position requires frequent travel. Candidates must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
The salary is commensurate with experience. CHF Canada offers an excellent benefits package. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EDT, April 30, 2018 to:
Christine Seguin Director, Finance and Administration, CHF Canada, #311, 225 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1P9, E-mail: email@example.com
No telephone inquiries, please.
Homestarts Incorporated is a non-profit, community based organization. Founded in 1975, we offer management, maintenance and consulting services to housing co-operatives and non-profit housing groups. Currently, we provide services to approximately 100 co-op and non-profit clients located in cities throughout Ontario.
We are currently looking to fill the full-time position of Assistant Coordinator to work at Cooperative Housing properties located in Peel.
The duties will include writing cheques, depositing housing charges, following up with member arrears, marketing vacant units, calculating rent-geared-to-income and various other administrative tasks. The ability to work with a Board of Directors and various volunteer committees is essential.
The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal as well as exceptional English verbal and written communication skills. The ability to work independently by continuously re-evaluating priorities and handling stress in a very busy work environment, along with consulting regularly with their supervisor, is crucial. You must be proficient with computer software programs, including Word, Excel & Power Point. A post-secondary degree or equivalent education and work experience is essential to the position, along with a facility for numbers and a high degree of accuracy in all areas of work. Experience working with diverse populations and a history of treating all with courtesy, respect and dignity would be very helpful in this position.
Homestarts has a comprehensive benefits plan including life, health, critical illness, prescriptions and dental after 3 months, employer-paid RRSP after 12 months and 3 weeks/6% vacation to start.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note the job (Assistant Coordinator – Peel) in your subject line.
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2018
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any state of the hiring process.