Current Job Postings
Dan Benedict Co-operative Homes is currently looking for a temporary full time and a temporary part time Property Administrative Assistant who can manage 137 units in Mississauga, Ontario. Both Administrative Assistants will work alongside our Property Management team which includes a Property Manager and two Maintenance Workers.
The Administrative Assistants will be required to work one late Wednesday evening per week, and is also required to attend each monthly Board Meetings and the General Members meeting.
Forward all resumes with cover letters to (email@example.com). Please note that these are temporary positions with contract terms of 3 – 6 months and / or 6 – 12 months that may lead to future permanent positions after each contract is fulfilled.
Thank you in advance for all the candidates who are interested and that have applied to this employment opportunity. Only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified.
Property Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
- An Executive Certificate from a recognized College/ University
- Strong property management skills and a solid foundation of business
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent administrative skills and should be able to effectively supervise staff and contractors
- Strong property management skills
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills (advanced level skills in Microsoft software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), familiar with HM Worx, New Views, Yardi or Simply Accounting)
- Working Experience with New Views is an asset.
- Financially literate and experience with bookkeeping and budgeting
- A self-starter; ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors, members and Housing Administrator
- Knowledgeable about Housing Services Act and relevant legislation/directives/laws that apply to housing co-ops
- Experienced with rent geared to income program administration
- Able to multitask and demonstrate effective work abilities within a co-operative management and governance structure while serving a diverse community
- Minimum 3 -5 years of Administrator/ experience in the Co-operative Housing Sector –municipally funded
- Knowledge of Co-operative Corporations Act, Co-op By-Laws, Eviction Procedures and processes under Landlord Tenant Board
Responsibilities the successful candidate must have:
- A general knowledge of co-op housing
- Excellent telephone and reception skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have effective oral and written communication skills
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be and administrative support for the Coordinator
- Do general office labor
- Do reception during open office hours (for inquiries, processing rental payments etc)
- Do data entry
- Maintain filing system
- Purchase office supplies and ensure servicing and cleaning of office equipment
- Schedule move-ins and move-outs
- Show vacant and occupied units to interested applicants
- Process various applications (including RGI applications),
- Obtain financial information on new applicants.
- Be able to organize tasks and priorities (multitask)
- Be able to work as part of a team
With its head office in Ottawa, the Agency for Co-operative Housing administers the operating agreements between Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and more than 500 housing co-operatives. We have regional offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto.
Two Relationship Manager Positions
B.C / Alberta and Toronto / Ottawa 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Operations for Ontario / PEI or the Manager, Operations for the Prairies / B.C., the Relationship Manager monitors the compliance of co-op housing clients with their operating agreements, while developing a productive working relationship with each one. They review the risk rating assigned to co-ops in order to help them improve their results. They monitor compliance with workout conditions and implement approved intervention protocols, on request. The relationship manager is a self-starter who works well both individually and with a team.
The successful candidates have
- significant experience in property management or in managing housing co-ops or non-profit housing organizations
- excellent analytical and financial skills
- knowledge of accounting principles relating to property management
- experience in applying regulations, policies and/or legislation
- excellent oral and written communication skills, including plain-language writing
- a university degree or equivalent experience.
They have demonstrated high-quality client-service skills, as well as interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills. Their excellent time management enables them to juggle many priorities in an efficient manner.
They communicate effectively in English. A thorough working knowledge of federal programs and legislation affecting housing co-operatives is an asset.
The Agency for Co-operative Housing is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment-related accommodations will be provided upon request.
If interested, please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact only those candidates whom we wish to interview.
L’Agence des coopératives d’habitation, dont le siège social est situé à Ottawa, administre les accords d’exploitation entre la Société canadienne d’hypothèques et de logement (SCHL) et plus de 500 coopératives d’habitation. L’Agence a des bureaux à Calgary, à Vancouver et à Toronto.
Deux postes de gestionnaire des relations
Colombie-Britannique/Alberta et Toronto/Ottawa 37,5 heures par semaine
Relevant de la Gestionnaire, Opérations, Ontario/Î.-P.-É. ou de la Gestionnaire, Opérations, Prairies/C.-B., le ou la gestionnaire des relations s’assure que les coopératives d’habitation clientes se conforment à leur accord d’exploitation tout en établissant une relation de travail productive avec chacune d’elles. Il ou elle examine la cote de risque attribuée aux coopératives afin de les aider à améliorer leurs résultats. Il ou elle surveille si les conditions de sauvetage financier sont respectées et met en œuvre des protocoles d’intervention, sur demande. Le ou la gestionnaire des relations est une personne entreprenante qui travaille tout aussi bien seule qu’en équipe.
La personne choisie doit avoir
- une grande expérience en gestion de l’immobilier, de coopératives d’habitation ou d’organismes de logement sans but lucratif;
- d’excellentes aptitudes analytiques et financières;
- une bonne connaissance des principes comptables relatifs à la gestion immobilière;
- de l’expérience dans l’application des réglementations, des politiques et des lois;
- d’excellentes aptitudes pour les communications orales et écrites, y compris la rédaction en langage simple;
- un diplôme universitaire ou une expérience équivalente.
Elle doit avoir démontré d’excellentes aptitudes pour le service à la clientèle, les relations interpersonnelles et la résolution de conflits. Son excellente gestion du temps lui permet de jongler avec de nombreuses priorités de manière efficace.
Elle communique efficacement en anglais. Une connaissance approfondie des programmes fédéraux et des lois s’appliquant aux coopératives d’habitation est un atout.
L’Agence des coopératives d’habitation souscrit à l’égalité d’emploi et encourage toutes les personnes qualifiées à soumettre leur candidature. Les adaptations nécessaires dans le cadre du processus de recrutement seront fournies sur demande.
Si ce poste vous intéresse, veuillez faire parvenir votre curriculum vitæ à l’adresse email@example.com. Nous communiquerons uniquement avec les personnes retenues pour un entretien d’embauche.
Midwich Housing Co-operative Inc., seeking a General Maintenance Worker.
162 unit Co-operative Homes Complex located in Mississauga is looking for a General Maintenance Worker to work from Tuesday to Friday 32 hours per week.
The successful applicant should possess:
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- A self-starter; ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors, members and contractors
Qualifications of the successful candidates include:
- Previous experience at a Co-operative Housing Development or other non-profit housing complex
- Experience in office administration
- General Plumbing, Drywall repairs, painting
- Garage door repairs and door repairs in general
- Daily walk-around outside of property
- Unit inspections
- Snow shoveling when required
Click here a more detailed job description.
Salary to be discussed. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume with a cover letter including references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905-820-9666. We wish to acknowledge all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-Time Property Administrator
The Community Housing Management Network (The Network) is recruiting to fill a full-time position as a Property Administrator in Mississauga.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the administrator will be assigned to a site to provide day-to-day services to the Property Manager, the co-operatives members and its board of directors.
The successful applicant will:
- have a general knowledge of co-op housing
- have excellent telephone and reception skills
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- have effective oral and written communication skills
- be able to organize tasks and priorities
- be able to work as part of a team
- have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week). Some evening work will be required. The Network offers a competitive remuneration package.
If interested, please e-mail your resumé to Donna Harwood by October 10th, 2017 and reference job posting 2017-11.
The Community Housing Management Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. We respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Assistant Co-operative Administrator (Full-Time), Mississauga, ON
Springfield Co-operative Homes Inc. is a non-profit cooperative corporation providing affordable housing to its membership. Co-operatives are able to offer affordable housing as they only charge their membership enough to cover the cost of operation, repairs, and capital reserves – not profit driven. Springfield Co-operative Homes has 117 units including 87 townhouses and 30 apartments in a designated seniors building for those age 55 and over.
This position consists primarily of administrative duties including but not limited to; accounting, coordination of internal and external contractors, processing work order requests, data entry and filing, and working with the volunteer Board of Directors to improve and sustain overall operation of the Co-operative. This role will start out in training with our current long term Administrator, we are looking for candidates interested in a long term career with the potential for growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the following areas:
- Co-ordinates applications, and communicates information to applicants and the necessary parties involved in the application process
- Entering work orders into the system and scheduling the work with the handyman or contractor
- Accompanies Handyman during unit inspections
- Gathering quotes from contractors, and scheduling work with outside contractors when necessary
- Communicates regularly with the Project Manager and the Board on large capital projects
- Learning to process all payments and financial information on behalf of the Co-operative
- Assists the Administrator in preparing the annual budget in conjunction with the Board of Directors, and learns the process of the Co-operatives financial auditors
- Assists the Administrator in communicating with all of the Co-operatives governance and affiliations on behalf of the Co-operative
- Assists in preparing Board packages, and attends Board meetings as scheduled to advise the Board of all correspondence, financial and membership issues
- Filing and record keeping of all necessary documentation on behalf of the Co-operative
- Assists the Administrator in supporting the Board of Directors in the overall management of the Co-operative
- Assists the Board in the automation of processes, payments, and the utilization of computer programs to improve the function of the Co-operative as a whole
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualifications / Skills / Job Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a related or similar field will be considered an asset
- Experience in working with a non-profit, especially a housing co-operative is an asset
- Must be proficient in basic Microsoft Office 365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of the full Microsoft Office 365 program list will be considered an asset (Teams, Bookings, Forms, Delve, Sway, Power Point, Access etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented, a fast learner and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as customer service skills
- Must be flexible as some evenings and weekend work will be required
- Must work well individually, and as a part of a team
- Takes initiative and works well with little supervision
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. Please submit your resume and cover letter by email only to: email@example.com by Monday October 16, 2017.