Co-op Co-ordinator – Don Area Co-op
Don Area Co-operative Homes Inc. (DACHI) has a staff opening for the permanent full-time position of co-ordinator.
We are a federally funded co-op (since 1973) in the Cabbagetown neighbourhood of Toronto. Our 75 units are scattered along four streets in 41 houses. The operating agreement of our eight “Section 95” units ends in 2021 and we are in the process of refinancing the remaining “Section 61” units.
Reporting to the board of directors, the co-ordinator is responsible for the management of the co-op’s administration.
The co-ordinator works closely with the maintenance manager (who is responsible for the maintenance department), the part-time bookkeeper, and the various committees that are active in the functioning of the co-op.
The co-ordinator’s job description is based on The Core Management Standards as developed by CHF Canada:
– Managing the finances
– Keeping the co-op in good repair
– Keeping the co-op full
– Meeting the co-op’s legal requirements
– Supporting good governance in the co-op
The successful applicant will be:
– A great communicator, proficient in the English language, both orally and in writing
– Financially literate
– An efficient administrator
– Familiar with computer programs and apps in common use in an office environment
– Experienced with RGI administration
– A motivated individual who promotes an atmosphere of collaboration
Some evening work is required. Don Area Co-op offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The expected start date is December 15, 2020. Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on November 9, 2020.
Don Area Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies. Reasonable accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support applicants’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. We will contact those who are selected for interview.