Co-op Co-ordinator – Chautauqua Co-op
Chautauqua Co-operative Homes Inc. has a staff opening for the permanent position of full time co-ordinator.
We are an 85 unit, Federal Co-operative in the Town of Oakville, consisting of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom townhouses and 4 assisted living townhouses.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the co-ordinator is responsible for the day to day management of the co-op’s administration.
The successful candidate will work closely with the maintenance committee and contractors, part-time bookkeeper and various committees that are active within the co-op.
Qualities we are seeking for this salaried position:
- A great communicator, proficient in the English language, both orally and written
- Skilled at maintaining social media
- Able to work with a diverse member base
- Have good working knowledge in accounting practices
- Be efficient in time management, able to prioritize tasks and complete in a timely manor
- Familiar with computer programs and applications commonly used in an office environment
- Experienced in RGI administration
- A motivated individual who promotes an atmosphere of collaboration
- Experience with Federal Co-operative Housing sector and a good working knowledge of the Co-operative Corporations Act and housing co-op by-laws is preferred
- Be willing and able to work the odd evening
Chautauqua offers a competitive salary based on experience and benefits package. The expected start date to be in early 2021. The present co-ordinator will remain until the new co-ordinator is fully trained. During the training period, the successful candidate may work on a part-time basis until training is complete. The terms for the training period are negotiable.
Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 PM on March 31, 2021 to the attention of the Hiring Committee.
Applications may be mailed to Chautauqua Co-operative Homes Inc. 2280 Munn’s Ave. East, Oakville, Ontario L6H 3L1. and must be received by March 31, 2021.
Applications that are dropped off at the office will not be accepted. No phone calls concerning the position will be accepted.
Chautauqua Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies. Reasonable accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support applicants’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. We will contact those who are selected for an interview.