Co-op Housing Office Administrator
Immediate opening: Permanent Position Co-op Housing Office Administrator
Russet Homes Co-op Corporation is seeking a full-time, permanent Office Administrator of a 77-unit Co-operative Housing Corporation in the City of Mississauga.
Reporting to the Co-operative’s Board of Directors, the Office Administrator is to oversee and be accountable for the coordinator of the Co-operative’s office.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Prepare Agendas for Board and Members’ meetings and issue notices of meeting packages.
- Prepare Minutes of the Board’s and Members’ meetings.
- Prepare management reports for the Board as required.
- Maintain corporate records of Russet Homes Co-op.
- Liaise with the Agency for Cooperative Housing, CMHC, CHF and Insurance Agency.
- File required reports and notices with government agencies.
- Prepare reports to Accounting Firm and Treasurer as required.
- Prepare documentation for the audit and assist auditors.
- Open and close Co-op office and respond to inquiries from Members and public written and verbal.
- Purchase office equipment, supplies and furnishings as directed by Treasurer and Board of Directors.
- Maintain the Software System designed for Co-op management.
- Carry out secretarial responsibilities.
- Act on Incoming / outgoing mail in a professional manner.
- Coordinate work of Co-op volunteers / keep records of participation.
- Ensure confidentiality when maintaining members’ files.
- Ensure COVID-19 protocols are strictly adhered to, including tracking of all visitors/contractors to the office and members’ unit.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years of co-op housing (lived or otherwise) or administrative experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (you will be tested on this).
- Familiar with property management software, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about the Social Housing Reform Act and relevant legislations/laws that apply to housing co-ops.
- Experience with rent geared-to-income program administration.
- Excellent problem solver, ability to use discretion when making decisions.
- A self-starter works well independently in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Financial experience including, but not limited to budgeting, audit process, forecasting, arrears management and day to day operations of a co-op.
- Able to work effectively with co-op board, committees, and governance structure.
- Punctual, reliable, and resourceful.
- Be able to complete a thorough background and criminal record check.
- Access to a reliable motor vehicle.
Kindly note, some evening work is required. The expected start is immediately. The co-op offers a competitive salary. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why you would be the ideal person for the job by March 31, 2021 to:
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
The Board of Directors
Russet Homes Co-operative Corporation