A small federally funded co-op located in Georgetown, Ontario is looking for a contract bookkeeper or bookkeeping service. This position is approximately 8 – 10 hours per month, paying $30 – $35 per hour.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities
- In person bookkeeping using New Views I (MS Dos) – maintain the necessary books and records as required by the Act, the Board, the auditors, CMCH, and other appropriate Government departments. Maintain bank records, supervise the investment portfolio, issue financial reports as required and assist auditors as required during the audit process.
- Handle bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Handle all receivables and issue cheques and cheque requisitions and ensure that payables are inputted in NewViews.
- Responsible for payroll and T4 preparation.
- Complies with federal co-op requirements
- Assist budget and capital planning
- Assist during audit and enter adjustments
- Maintain backups and provide recommendations for future system requirements.
- Must have extensive experience with NewViews I (MS Dos).
- Minimum 5 years bookkeeping experience at a non-profit Co-operative Housing Development.
- Experience with and knowledge of The Co-operative Corporations Act, co-op Bylaws,
- Strong attention to detail, confidentiality, able to work onsite.
- Data entry and analytical skills, thoroughness, proficient in Excel.
Education, Experience, and Licencing Requirements
- Bookkeeping certification, college diploma or university degree.
- Previous co-operative bookkeeping experience is required.
Wonderful opportunity for a current co-op manager, bookkeeper or bookkeeping service looking to earn extra money in a pleasant, respectful and stress free environment.
For more information, send an email of interest to Victoria Colby at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1, 2021.