Barbertown Co-operative Homes Inc. is seeking an experienced and motivated self-starter for the position of Manager reporting directly to the Board of Directors. Barbertown is funded by the Region of Peel and has 137 units located just north of Square One. The 12 story building consists of one, two and three bedroom units.
The ideal candidate will:
- be responsible for ensuring the Financial soundness of the co-op, including accurate & up to date financial records & internal controls
- Accounts payable/receivable, RGI calcs, collect,deposit & track revenue & arrears
- Consult with bookkeeper for annual budgets & filing of the audit/AIR
- Ensure waitlists, unit allocation & vacancy loss is kept up to date by Admin Assist.
- Act as agent of the co-op with government agencies
- Ensure effective management of the co-op’s buildings & grounds
- Ensure compliance with Fire & Life safety, building related codes & by-laws
- Respond to membership requests & the public in a timely manner and apply bylaws & policies in a non-biased manner.
- Establish & maintain open office hours
- Facilitate meetings & co-ordinate shared events as required
- Oversee & supervise a team of three staff plus a contracted bookkeeper
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in co-op property management or commensurate community based experience. Strong ethics & financial/business acumen as well as excellent written/oral skills.
Experience working with Boards, knowledge of relevant legislation
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, New Views ! & HM Worx is an asset.
Submit resumes & cover letters to: Barbertowncoop@gmail.com by May 19th, 2021 3pm