Temporary Co-op Housing Coordinator/Assistant Coordinator– Peel/Halton
Homestarts Incorporated is looking for an individual with excellent administrative skills to provide temporary assistance in managing the day-to-day tasks at Co-operative Housing properties in Peel and Halton managed by Homestarts. This would be considered an occasional position and would be suitable for someone interested in short term temporary work, such as a recent retiree, a parent with school-aged children or a part-time university student.
- University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in non-profit or co-op housing, social services or related field
- Extensive customer service
- Previous experience working with a volunteer board of directors
The successful applicant will be
- able to work independently , while working with a team
- effective at prioritizing tasks and handling stress in a busy environment
- familiar with accounts payable and receivable
- proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; familiar with NewViews / NVNPH, HMWorx
- open to learning new skills
- friendly but professional
Someone with no experience in co-op or non-profit housing may be considered provided they have the relevant, transferable skills and a compatible work/educational background. A driver’s license and reliable vehicle is necessary for this position which would be at various locations within Peel and Halton.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any state of the hiring process.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Job #378 in your subject line