Meeting Support & Chairing
PHCHF can provide an experienced outside chairperson for a co-op’s members meetings or meetings of directors where an impartial chairperson is needed. This includes difficult meetings and special meetings. This service is available upon request from the co-op’s board of directors.
When to Use an Outside Chair for Your Meeting
A neutral chair may be helpful when:
- There is no one available from within the co-op who can act or will be seen as a neutral chair for a discussion on a major agenda item.
- The Board believes that the meeting agenda requires an experience level of chairing that is not available in the co-op for the meeting.
- The meeting has been requisitioned by members and an agenda item on the requisition relates to a disagreement with the Board or individual directors.
How to Request an Outside Chair for Your Meeting
- First, check your co-ops by-laws and rules of order for any requirements for using an outside meeting chair.
- A request for an outside chair should be the result of a decision made by the co-op’s Board of Directors.
- The request is submitted by an authorized representative of the co-op. Download the Chairing Request Form here.