PHCHF Diversity Scholarship Program
PHCHF recognizes that the strength of its membership is reflected in the many cultures and identities represented within its co-ops. PHCHF encourages applications from these diverse communities.
The purpose of the PHCHF Diversity Scholarship is to recognize people living in co-ops who are actively promoting diversity through work within their community. We want to help them with their post-secondary education by providing them with award money and assistance with financial planning.
You could be eligible for a scholarship if you are going to attend a publicly funded Canadian college, university or approved apprenticeship-training program. We offer scholarships for students who are just graduating from high school or are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program or are returning to school after a break to complete an undergraduate program.
We have special scholarships that are awarded to people who have shown exceptional leadership in their school and community, or who have taken an active role in mentoring young people or have demonstrated a commitment to social justice.
Scholarships are $5000 distributed over four years.
Who May Apply?
To be eligible for a Diversity Scholarship, applicants must:
- live in a PHCHF member co-op
- plan to attend a recognized, publicly funded, Canadian, post-secondary education institution – community college, university, or approved apprenticeship-training program on a full-time basis in the 2024/2025 academic year
- have used their knowledge and understanding of diversity to make a positive contribution to their school and/or local community
- have demonstrated a financial need.
- agree to attend the annual PHCHF Diversity Scholarship Presentation
- agree to have their photograph taken if they are interviewed