Aging Together: Canada’s Growing Demographic
The vast majority of Canadians plan to “age in place”. They would prefer to stay in their homes as long as possible before making the transition to assisted living. This population will need additional support and resources as they age. It’s time to address this growing demographic and plan for your co-op’s aging population. This informative session will equip you with the knowledge and awareness required to support the aging community in your co-op.
This workshop covers the following:
- planning for the aging co-op membership
- considerations for new member integration
- inclusion and special needs considerations for mobility
- living independently in a co-op setting
- transitioning to eldercare housing
- rights and responsibilities of the co-op board and members
- available resources and funding opportunities
Once you have registered for this workshop, please come back and CLICK HERE to download your free Workshop Announcement notice courtesy of PHCHF. You can fill out this form online, save it and then print off as many copies as required to announce this workshop to your membership.