The Business of Being a Co-op Board
Good governance is the cornerstone of a successful co-op. When we don’t get governance right, we put everything at risk. But what does governance mean? How can Boards of Directors provide strategic and principled leadership in their co-op?
In this workshop, we won’t talk about the day-to-day work of being a board member. Instead, we’ll learn about the personal rewards and value of providing principled leadership, what governance is and how to get it right.
This workshop covers the following:
- governance vs. management in your co-op
- the good governance test
- creating organizational structures that work
- addressing the barriers to good governance
- electing good directors
- succeeding as a director and board member
- effective members’ meetings
- the role of the chair
- diversity, inclusion, harassment and bullying in the co-op setting
Once you have registered for this workshop, please come back and CLICK HERE to download your free Workshop Announcement notice courtesy of PHCHF. You can fill out this form online, save it and then print off as many copies as required to announce this workshop to your membership.