Getting Management Right
Co-op management is both a challenging and rewarding experience, where effective day-to-day management of operations determines the success of the co-op. A key component of having sound management is the Board’s role to manage personnel including co-op staff and external contractors.
In order to keep good staff, co-op Boards need to have a solid understanding of what makes a positive employer-employee relationship. This management workshop will equip you with the knowledge of principles and practice to help ensure the successful management of your co-op.
This workshop covers the following:
- governance vs. management in your co-op
- overview of the five “Core Management Standards”
- the interdependent roles of managers and directors
- working with the board to ensure principled leadership
- recruitment and selection of employees
- managing, motivating and evaluating staff
- the tendering process: scope of work, tendering call/award and managing the project
Once you have registered for this workshop, please come back and CLICK HERE to download your free Workshop Announcement notice courtesy of PHCHF. You can fill out this form online, save it and then print off as many copies as required to announce this workshop to your membership.